Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home Massage




Having a good home massage in Metro Manila is a hit or miss affair. 

Once I was made to wait for almost two hours for the massage therapist to arrive with not a word from the massage service provider or the therapist. When the therapist got in, there was neither an apology nor an explanation given. 

Second, I do not get consistent or good service. One time, the hubby kidded that the massage service was in a bind to fill in my request that it had its househelp put on a therapist's uniform and call on my door. The therapist obviously doesn't know how to massage. I was just eager to have the massage over and done with.
 



Finally, there is always the issue of security. I have heard of theft. I also have concerns about bringing in complete strangers into my home. For a long time, I settled with going to spas for my massage. Eventually, I had to curb my spa going. It was getting too expensive to be done regularly. 

That was until I met Nanay Shionny.... 

Nanay Shionny used to work with a home service massage. Prior that, she was with Lasema Spa in Makati. But, earlier on she trained in massage therapy in her hometown, Cagayan de Oro,  before she was 20 years old. She was considered a hilot, a term she does not particularly like, and has helped stroke patients, women who just gave birth, etc. Only in Metro Manila did she seek employment as a home massage therapist. After resigning from the home massage service provider, she has been accepting her own clients.

I have benefitted from Nanay Shionny's seasoned massage therapy. Moreover, I can now have a massage in the comforts of my home knowing that the therapist can be trusted. Most of all, I get to de-stress without costing me an arm and a leg. After all, PHP250 an hour is practically a steal!

8 comments:

"Q" said...

wow that's a good deal. i love massages too. if you do visit China, try their massage too. Here at our country club a 2 hour (foot and back massage) would roughly cost 560 pesos. Whats best its soooo authentic and they don't rush.

Marites said...

wow! mura nga siya. lucky you ! :)

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am giving you an award here:
http://lifeinbellevue.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-very-first-award.html

Irmee said...

Hi, I'm just wondering how can I contact Nanay Shioni. Is she a freelancer massage therapist? Actually, I'm interested in her hilot services because I just gave birth but the one who does this to me already passed away. I hope you can help me. Thanks.

SearchingWellness said...

Hello Irmee,

Sure, I sent you a pm to your yahoo address. :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Can I also have Nanay's contact details? Or better yet maybe you can post Nanay Shioni's contact details. You'll be helping her and your readers a lot (like me).

SearchingWellness said...

Hi Rico and Irmee, you may reach Nanay Shionny at 09206246024; 09159766508.

dee said...

hi i'm also interested in hilot post pregnancy may i get nanay shionni's number as well? thanks very much