Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
2. Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves.
3. Blogger that are tagged, need to write ten facts about themselves. You need to choose ten people to tag and list their names.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Having a good home massage in Metro Manila is a hit or miss affair.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Baby products are getting really expensive these days. The hubby and I feel guilty about scrimping on things like BPA-free bottles, pedia care, etc, but, we had to draw the line at a PHP500.00 (roughly USD10.00) per baby bottle wash. We get it that we have to give the baby chemical-free products, but PHP500.00 is still PHP500.00. Yet, we could not see ourselves settling with Joy, Axion, Dawn, or what not.
Monday, December 8, 2008
- Natural active enzymes
- Natural anti-bacterial
- Superior detoxification agent
- Washes out drug deposits in the body
- Neutralizes toxins
- Purifies liver
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Naturally improves strength, endurance and disposition
- Improves sense of well-being
- Cures acne
- Prevents and fights cancer
- Dissolves scars in lungs
- Cures chronic sinusitis
- Overcomes ear inflammation and infections
- Prevents tooth decay
- Pulls poisons from the gums
- Eases sore throat
- Cures psoriasis
- High in enzymes
- Reduces high blood
- Reassembles red blood cell molecules
- Helps reduce the absorption of carcinogens
Bizu Alabang Town Center
Corte de las Palmas
Bizu Greenhills Promenade
Greenhills Shopping Center
(632) 724-2498, 726-2496
Bizu Greenbelt 2
Along Esperanza Street fronting Greenbelt Residences
(632) 757-2498, 757-4749
2158 Pasong Tamo, Makati City
Green gate beside Caltex fronting King’s Court
(632) 812-6451, 812-6027
Friday, December 5, 2008
After updating my blog list, I realize that my preferred blogs involve those that have to do with home design, preferably, French, Country, or a mix of both or more. Funny, but some of these blogs are written in a language I don't understand. I just savor the pictures. I may not be blogging on design, but to me looking at beautiful designs is a great stress reducer. After all, a thing of beauty still is a joy forever.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
- Our body does not distinguish between real stress, like running for your life, and psychological stress, like, worry about money, mortgage, workplace issues.
- Under stress, the body aims to survive and it will turn off other aspects that are not essential like, reproduction, growth, digestion, tissue repair. "You run for your life, this is no time to ovulate."
- A zebra that escapes from a predator, will then turn off its stress response. We, humans, are unable to do so and we do it nonstop. We stress out for protracted periods for purely psychological reasons.
- Eventually, the stress response is more damaging than the stressor itself.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I have been visiting and re-visiting my amazon.com wish list for the past several weeks. I dream that when I get a windfall, one of the first things I will do is finally proceed to checkout. My wish list is not expensive at all, but, with all the other things I need to pay for, it will have to wait.
Neurological incorporation begins during pregnancy. Maternal stress during pregnancy has effects on the emotional and stress hormone reactions, particularly in female offspring. These effects were measured in goat kids. The stressed female kids ended up startling more easily and being less calm and more anxious than the male kids after birth. Furthermore, female kids who were stressed in utero showed a great deal more emotional distress than female kids who weren't. So if you're a girl about to enter the womb, plan to be born to an unstressed mom who has a calm, loving partner and family to support her. And if you are a mom-to-be carrying a female fetus, take it easy so that your daughter will be able to relax.